Buscador del blog: Bands, ALbums, Links, full comics, soundtracks.. etc..

domingo, 26 de julio de 2026

earliest TED NUGENT solo live, amboy influences (March 14th, 1975) IL

👀👀👀👀




Ted Nugent

"Live" at "IIIIIIIT"*

March 14th, 1975

* - refers to IIT, Illinois Institute of Technology

Chicago, Illinois


thanks to yardbird tom for this recording


 


''On March 14th, 1975, my best friend, Joe, and I trekked to IIT, in Chicago, to see Ted Nugent. I brought my cassette recorder with it's condenser mike and two tapes. As a result, I have captured most of this concert. The quality of the recording is really pretty good, considering some difficulties. Namely, 2 of the songs have glitches in them; one from having to turn the cassette over and one from the batteries 'cheesing' out during Call Of The Wild, which resulting in that song slowly fading away to oblivion. Another thing was that there was Bass feedback for a couple of their earlier songs that they never did get to sound that good. But the rest of the material is pretty much intact. One good thing is that there is no loud crowd noise close by that would otherwise ruin it. I don't think this concert was recorded professionally at the time and i haven't seen anything other information about it, so, needless to say, the recording of this concert falls under the catagory of "extremely rare".  I've entitled this collection, "Raw" Nugent, because that's exactly what it is; Ted in his prime with just tons and tons of energy and ideas, playing over a million notes, i'm sure. I also think Ted should change his first name to Raw.  To that end, this concert also includes Ted doing "The Ultimate Primal Scream", during Papa's Will.  Anyway, I also entitled it "Live" at "IIIIIIIT", because that's what Ted said at his first break between songs. It was a tongue-in-cheek remark by him, slightly cutting up the scientific community for coming up with IIT. Ted said, "How's it going out there I I I I I I T?" 'Nuge' made other choice comments between songs. At one point someone made a duck call noise and Ted snapped back, "That's what you are too, mutha." Ted was also complaining about not having enough monitors. At one point he said, "Give me around 75 of those things and crush'em into my face." Sounds like Teddy Boy, doesn't it?''' yardbird tom



Chronological Song List for "Raw Nugent"


1-Papa's Will

2-Unknown Title 

- background hum

- 2nd song's main hook is the same as Stormtroopin'. But the rest of the song is not like the recorded version


3-Lady Luck 

- "How's it going, I I I I I I T?"


4-Pony Express 

- This is the song where someone in the crowd made a 'duck call' sound and Nugent quipped back, "That's what you are too, mutha!"


5-Living In The Woods 

6-You Can't Stop Me Now 

- "Give me around 75 of these things and crush'em into my face"


7-Hibernation 

8-Stranglehold  [Incomplete - tape-switch-gap]


9-Call Of The Wild  [Incomplete - song just fades away - batteries running out]


10-Papa's Will  [fresh batteries]

- This song was spliced together in Audacity because i had to flip over the cassette

- This song also include "The Ultimate Primal Scream" by Ted


11-Motor City Madhouse 

Encore Break


12-Unknown Title 

13-Unknown Title 





Personnel 

"Raw" Nugent - guitars, vocals, percussion, general strangeness and speed

Derek St. Holmes - rhythm guitar, vocals

Rob Grange - bass

Cliff Davies - drums, vocals


This was the personnel on the Epic LP, Ted Nugent, of the same year. I'm assuming it was the same as IIT. I'm fairly confident that Rob Grange was the bass player. But I'm not at all sure about the drummer.


Finally, this is a review of this concert written, obviously, shortly after experiencing it



- LIVE PERFORMANCE REVIEW -

3/14/75 - IIT

FORGET LED ZEPPELIN. FORGET THE YARDBIRDS. FORGET THE BEATLES.

TED NUGENT & THE AMBOY DUKES.

I COULD STOP RIGHT THERE, FOR THAT SAYS IT ALL.

BUT LET ME AMPLIFY THIS.

I AM THOROUGHLY CONVINCED THAT NOBODY CAN TOUCH TED NUGENT WHEN IT COMES TO GUITAR PLAYERS.

ABSOLUTELY NOBODY.

HE IS UNBELIEVABLE.

HE KEEPS GETTING BETTER & BETTER & BETTER & BETTER & BETTER.

HE IS NOT, & HAS NOT, BURNT OUT; LIKE SO MANY OF THE OTHERS.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario